Well that is what I am hoping for. I [with two other friends] have started doing a 30 day detox. What I like about this detox is that it involves food. I do have to give up a few things for the 30 days…such as
- dairy and eggs
- gluten and wheat
- processed sugar
- coffee, soda, alcohol
- beef and pork [well that’s easy as a vegetarian]
- creamed vegetables and peanuts
- corn oil [never use the stuff]
- whey protein [never use it either…that I know of]
I am supposed to eat the following…
- whole vegetables, leafy greens
- brown rice, non-gluten grains
- stevia [we will see if we really need that]
- beans, lentils
- green tea, apple cider vinegar
- wild fish, organic chicken and turkey [hmmmm…the fowl won’t be included]
- coconut oil and milk
- plant based protein powder
- lemon water
The second list is not a hard one. Almost all are already in my diet.
Start date = TODAY
This was breakfast…
- 1 banana
- 1 kiwifruit
- heaped tablespoon protein powder
- heaped tablespoon LSA
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water [boiled and cooled…my filter is on the blink]
- 1 cup berries
Then blend away.
Oh my God…it was soooooo yummy.
I shall keep you posted during the month. My main reason is to get my energy levels back up…they have been flagging a little lately. I shall need more energy to learn how to operate my newest addition to the family. She took those amazing sunrise photos for me the other day.
Now I need to decide what lunch will be.