Some people speak the words I want to say when they open their mouths.
Kurt Vonnegut is one of those.
Here are my 5 favourite quotes from this amazing author.
- Human beings will be happier – not when they cure cancer, or get to Mars, or eliminate racial prejudice, or flush Lake Erie but when they find ways to inhabit primitive communities again. That’s my utopia.
- I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don’t let anybody tell you different.
- I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can’t see from the centre.
- Still and all, why bother? Here’s my answer. Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
- Who is more to be pitied, a writer bound and gagged by policemen or one living in perfect freedom who has nothing more to say?