So tonight I am making Basil, Lemon & Prawn Pasta.
Oh yes I am…
Now we all know that recipes are difficult…so have some patience with me please.
This one is just for one person.
- A handful of pasta. I quite like the spinach fettuccine, but folks anything you fancy goes.
- Prawns. De-veined. I like them with tails on, which I chuck off once cooked. Now really I am kinda crazy about prawns…so I like a lot. You may like less. Figure it out how many you feel like !!!
- A handful of chopped basil.
- A handful of drained capers.
- A tablespoon lemon juice.
- A tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Enough baby spinach leaves to cover your plate.
And here we go…
Cook the pasta until almost al dente. Then throw in your prawns for about three minutes. While all this is cooking wash and lay out your spinach leaves on the plate. Chop the basil. Me personally…I have so many lemons I squeezed the lemons while I waited.
Once the pasta and prawns are cooked…throw them in a bowl. Add the lemon juice, capers, basil & olive oil. Toss your little old heart out.
Then place them on top of the baby spinach leaves.
Add salt & pepper to taste…and away you go.
Heaven for your tummy !!!!