I really liked the questions in Cee’s challenge this week. Gave me an opportunity to play with photoshop again. Here we go then…
How many places have you lived? You can share the number of physical residences and/or the number of cities.
- I was born in Sydney, Australia
- I lived in Wollongong, Australia until I was about eight, then moved back to Sydney where I lived all over the place…it is a big city. Some of the suburbs I lived in were: Fairfield, Guildford, Matraville, Kensington, Randwick, Tregear, Yagoona, Sylvania Waters, Bexley, Canley Heights. There were more, but those are the ones I remember.
- Bennekom in The Netherlands became my next home. For three years I lived there in the eighties.
- During that time I also lived just out of the town of Boppard, working at a camping ground on the Rhine in Germany for six weeks.
- Back to Australia after that and I moved to Childers in Queensland where we had a lychee farm. We also grew longans, mangoes, tropical peaches and nectarines, We even grew okra…goodness how I hated that stuff.
- After Queensland it was back to Bennekon for nine months.
- Next stop New Zealand. For a month we lived in Martinborough with friends while waiting for our container to arrive from Australia. Then we moved to Napier [where I hope to move to again in the future] for a couple of months. I loved it there. Our plan was to buy an apple orchard, but the ex was colourblind. This meant he could not see when to pick the apples, so we moved to Katikati. I am still here 20 years later…the longest I have lived anywhere.
What type of music relaxes you the most?
That is a hard one to answer because it really depends on my mood. At the moment I have these on my computer for when I write.
- Adam Lambert
- Altiyan Childs
- Bon Jovi
- Florence and the Machine
- Gin Wigmore
- Fleetwood Mac
- Midnight Juggernauts
- The National
- The Beach Boys
- Iron & Wine
- The Eagles
- Jim Croce
- The Beatles
- Melissa Etheridge
- Mumford and Sons
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
- Michael Jackson
- Cat Stevens
- Modern West
- The Who
- Elvis Presley
- Frank Boeijen Groep
- Kings of Leon
- Curtis Stigers
- Janis Joplin
- Justin Timberlake
- Donovan Frankenreiter
- Jeff Buckley
- The Police
- The Rolling Stones
- Katy Perry
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Johnny Cash
- Robbie Williams
- Joshua Kadison
- Fine Young Cannibals
- Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
- Tom Petty
- The Doors
- Procol Harum
- Natalie Merchant
If you could instantly become fluent in another language, what would that language be and why?
Italian, Italian, Italian. Because you talk with more than your mouth.
If you could fly or breathe under water what would you prefer?
Hard, hard choice. Being a mermaid would be absolutely wonderful.
I think I should be another Persephone. I could spend half the year in each world.
Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?
Very grateful to have heard from The Daughter while she is away. For hearing the crackle in the light switch and getting it fixed before my house caught fire. For not having any damage to my home in the storm that hit us the day before Good Friday. Two friends of mine did, and they are doing it tough. I never know what is going to happen in the future. A planner I am not.
Thanks Cee…for Week 16 of the challenge.
Don’t forget the animals. They need our voice.
And a shameless plug for me !!!