And because of that – and well, because I want to…here are The Boys doing a lot of kissing.
The Boys and Cas would like to wish you all a happy day – even though I think the day is a crock of shit !!
I’ve never put much store in February the 14th.
Last year I spent it setting up Chronicles of Illusions.
It’s our 1 year birthday.
Some things that have happened over this year have been amazing.
- I had 114,000 plus visitors to Chronicles in a year.
- Over 650 followers joined the blog.
- More than 8,000 times people have taken the trouble to comment.
- 455 posts have been sent out on the WWW with my name attached.
- I learned how to tweet/make a youtube video/and what a widget actually is.
- Then I learned how to use a widget.
- I can now make an .
- I met some awesome people on the net.
- I met a few dicks as well…
- The Daughter graduated as a .
- The Son turned 21.
- Supernatural made Season 7 with 23 episodes. (They killed off Cas and Bobby, and Baby is in storage – so I am not sure things are really going my way at the moment). But that’s approximately 42 extra minutes with The Boys…always a good thing.
- Supernatural won TWO…yes I said TWO People’s Choice Awards. Best Drama and Best Sci-fi.
- I got a black eye.
- I started taking photographs again.
- I learned how to digitally alter photos.
- I wrote more poetry than in the previous 52 years.
- I worked on the book. It is progressing – slowly but it is going forward.
- A lovely lady by the name of Dragonkatet drew Wraith (a character from The Book) for me…isn’t he lovely ???
- I started editing a film script I wrote in 2007.
- We had the Rugby World Cup here in NZ and we won !!!!!
- Chronicles did some winning as well. It received 30 awards in this past year.
And a bunch of others…
The PRESENCE OF MAGIC AWARD
Not bad for a little blog from rural New Zealand !!!!!!!
- I chased off Jehovah’s Witnesses.
- I caught my first fish in New Zealand.
- I became a pirate.
- I got a football team of my own from Balladeer.
- I practised speaking Yoda speak.
- I made cakes and biscuits and jam.
- I watched sunrises/sunsets/rain hitting the window/waves hitting the shore/birds and butterflies/got stung by wasps/thrown up on by the Demented Fox Terrier and the Me, Me, Me Cat.
When all is weighed and measured …
Right now back to today…
I just read a post on The Hook’s blog that was, well, inspiring. Especially because he did it – well half of it anyways – for his lovely VampireLover the day before Valentine’s Day. I love it when people thumb their noses at Valentine’s Day but do it romantically.
There will be no cards in my mailbox.
No flowers delivered.
No candlelight dinner.
No hot sex on the stairs.
No hot sex anywhere actually.
Not even lukewarm sex.
No canoodling even…
Are you feeling all awwwwwwww yet ??
No need !!!
Because I don’t have to worry about shaving/waxing ANYTHING…
I don’t have to wear undies that chafe between my butt cheeks or bras that push the boobies up under my chin.
I don’t have to ohhhh and ahhhhhh over something that isn’t really all that pretty just to make someone else feel GOOD.
There is no trying to remember what I forgot to put on the shopping list while making appropriate noises at appropriate moments without giving away the fact that you are actually not really hitting the right spot there.
I can spend the day doing only what makes me feel good.
Like watch the following…
or take a walk in the sun…
maybe along the beach…