I spent a lot of time immersed in books as a child.
Frankly it often seemed the better world to occupy. I still love the smell that a new book holds, sweet like sunshine, and the way the crisp paper sounds as you turn the pages.
So when the chance came up to do this challenge – it was okay how quick can I sign up.
I am going to reread the stories that floated through my childhood, carrying me to adventure, new places, interesting people, love, acceptance, other worlds.
One a month.
I am a bit behind so later today a trip to the library will be in order to find the one I have chosen as the first on the list.
There are a lot to chose from:
- Black Beauty – reread and reviewed February, 2012
- Little Women – reread and reviewed April, 2012
- Little Vic
- Born Free – reread and reviewed the 7th of February, 2012
- Peter Pan
- A Bear Called Paddington
- The Secret Garden – – being read as we speak
- Old Yeller
- The Call of the Wild
- White Fang
- Winnie the Pooh (anything to do with Pooh) – read and adored for the May challenge.
- The Borrowers
- A Child’s Garden of Verses
- Treasure Island – being read as we speak
- Sherlock Holmes
- The Three Musketeers
- Rebecca – reread and reviewed 14th March, 2012
- Mutiny on the Bounty – – being read as we speak
- The Yearling
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- Around the World in Eighty Days
- Wuthering Heights – – being read as we speak
- A Wizard of Earthsea
- The Swiss Family Robinson
- Charlotte’s Web – – being read as we speak
- The Jungle Book – – being read as we speak
- Gulliver’s Travels
Now those are just some of my reading history…
I hope you’ll join me as I reread and remember some of these wonderful adventures of my past…