Jolene B Perry is hosting a blogfest today and I signed up for it.
The Lovin’ the Language Blogfest sounded like fun.
Here are the rules:
Pick any five lines (yes, it can be a few short lines that roll together. That’s okay, and is probably what I’ll do) from one of your WIPs. If you’re feeling shy, and don’t want to share from your own work, share from something you LOVE.
So here are my five lines from my WIP ‘The Draco Stone’.
1. It is the tragedy that opens the enormous capacity inside of men for devotion to another that is greater than their instinct for self preservation.
2. You look much like your mother, except for your eyes, they remind me of your father’s, like a plant after rain.
3. Jyneesa’s gold hair tangled in blood and flames, giant grey walls that guard burning yellow sands and black bubbling pools weave in and out of each other until they become confused.
4. The current has picked up and it carries Adsel away from us until he is no longer discernible against the blood red horizon.
5. Her hair spilling over me as I cradle her head swathes us like a mantle.
It was great fun and I got to meet a lot of great people as well as make a list of books I need to read.
Now – perhaps I should get back to Chapter 8.