I will admit that the thought of being in a fire makes me a little shaky.
We have had one fire at my house.
We came close to a second one night. Had I not checked on my son before I went to bed, he had left a light on close to a pillow, well I refuse to contemplate the consequences.
The effects of a fire can be terrifying.
When a friend sent me this in an email I was amazed at how simply you can put out an oil fire on your stove, if it is not too far gone – and how using the wrong tool (water) can cause so much devastation.
So watch the video and send it to your friends – little videos such as these may save a life.
Please make sure you install working fire alarms and that the batteries are working.
When the son was home last he was driven mad every time I cooked my toast – I like it a little dark.
Luckily he can reach the ceiling without stretching really – that smoke alarm came down every morning until after breakfast.
BUT – IT WENT BACK UP EVERY TIME.
We are fire scared here after the 2 experierences we have had.