I love this rural town I call home.
To take part in a photo challenge I went out with my camera and shot myself silly for 15 minutes. I took loads more than this…but the challenge limit is 20. So here are the ones that I feel show the essence of Katikati.
From Project Mosaic Creatures
Sculptor Donald Paterson used Barry Menzies as his model.
The River Was the Road. 1996, Stephen Hall created this sculpture over three days during the November 1996 Mural Magic Festival.
Sunday in a Bush Camp
Anne de Silva, Matamata
Acrylic on panels, 20 sq m
The two stages of ‘Sunday in a Bush Camp’ were painted over three years.
Jane Wilson, Katikati
acrylic on block wall, 6 sq m.
Dr Joe was Katikati’s doctor for more than 40 years.
Follow the footsteps on Katikati’s Main Road.
Diggelmann Park is on the Main Road in town.
Mural #41 Overload
Peter Nicholson, Whitianga
Acrylic on concrete
Mural #15 The Bullock Team
Ken Young, Hamilton
Acrylic on panels, 22 sq m.
A small part of Mural #8 Rev. Katterns’ Ostriches
Malcolm Pitkeathly, Katikati
Acrylic on block and
pressed steel, 62 sq m.
I hope you enjoyed your visit to my part of the world…I know I enjoyed showing you !!!
- Margaret Beverland (whennorthmeetssouth.wordpress.com) – I am lucky to call Margaret a friend. See ‘Losing my virginity’ for more on that.
- Catherine Mair (whennorthmeetssouth.wordpress.com)
- Time to Act drama school (timetoactnz.wordpress.com)
- What makes New Zealand Kiwi.
- What makes New Zealand Kiwi Part 2